Quilter's Academy - Volume 2 - Sophomore Year

Vol 3 - Junior Year


Sunday, January 24, 2010

Project 10 - Still on the Double Chain Nine Patch

Being an insomniac has its advantages - I got this top all assembed and complete this morning.

It went together smoothly, with all the seams turned the right way for butting!  Yay!  I am following Harriet's guidence with pressing plans for each project, but I've not managed to work out how to do this for myself yet.  It's a really handy skill to have - having the seams butt nicely saves time and keeps the  top all nice and flat. 


That's a lot of seam butting going on there!

Although I like the Sunflower fabric, I'm not sure it works for this.  I think it makes the pattern look scattered, and loses some of the impact of the design.  I don't think the blue would have been any better.  Something busier, such as Harriet has used in hers would have been better.




1 comment:

  1. I think it looks great, because the green looks fabulous with that tan background fabric. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete