First off, I completed my Art Quilt. I thought this would be a perfect piece to practice some free motion on, but alas, the top is so bumpy, it just wasn't going to happen.
Sandwiched, pinned and ready to quilt
I ended up playing around with some straight stitching - a bit of channel (with dubious results) and some curvy lines, and even tried one of the 'antique quilting stitches' programmed into my sewing machine - I made stars! It was a fun and interesting exercise.
All done! (click to see quilting details)
I need to work on getting those edges straight. Tricky with this one as it's a bit rough and ready in the making - although I did notice with some embarrassment), that other ladies from the workshop managed to be very neat and square with theirs!
I re-named it 24 Hours as the colourway goes from Midnight (with a silver moon) to a rust coloured Sunset