Quilter's Academy - Volume 2 - Sophomore Year

Vol 3 - Junior Year


Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Practice, practice and more practice

I'd had my break away from Harriet & Carrie's college quilting course, but I've not been idle in the sewing room.  I had some unfinished projects to attend to.............

First off, I completed my Art Quilt.  I thought this would be a perfect piece to practice some free motion on, but alas, the top is so bumpy, it just wasn't going to happen. 

Sandwiched, pinned and ready to quilt

I ended up playing around with some straight stitching - a bit of channel (with dubious results) and some curvy lines, and even tried one of the 'antique quilting stitches' programmed into my sewing machine - I made stars! It was a fun and interesting exercise.


All done! (click to see quilting details)

I need to work on getting those edges straight.  Tricky with this one as it's a bit rough and ready in the making - although I did notice with some embarrassment), that other ladies from the workshop managed to be very neat and square with theirs!

I re-named it 24 Hours as the colourway goes from Midnight (with a silver moon) to a rust coloured Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment