Quilter's Academy - Volume 2 - Sophomore Year

Vol 3 - Junior Year


Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Project 14 - The Final - Borders

It's me, back again.  I spent most of the day on the borders, playing with designs.  I ditched the feathers idea and went back to the stencils I used for the top.  This stencil is pretty cool - you can use elements of it in lots of different ways. I drew out the design on paper first, then spent most of the afternoon marking it on.




Now the trouble with extra wide borders is.....................



Yep, I had an opps - a major opps.  I thought I was taking care, I thought I was careful about keeping the layers flat, but in the end, not careful enough.  Darn it, I only had one side and the bottom edge left to do too.

I was hoping to be sewing on the binding at the quilt group tomorrow, but it looks like I'll be unpicking instead.  At least I'll be unpicking in nice company :)

Cheers



2 comments:

  1. Oh! I know what it is to unpick!! BUT you will be happy with your quilt when its finished !! Are you doing this with your sewing machine or are quilting long arm machine ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty. I'm quilting on a domestic machine. The unpicking didn't take so long after all and I now have it all finished and the binding on so I'll be handsewing the binding tomorrow after all. :)

    ReplyDelete