Julie received her quilt yesterday - she's very happy with it. I did tell her that there's plenty of errors in this quilt, but if she doesn't look for them, she won't notice them!
I ended up with very simple quilting for this top. I started marking scallops (Julie's Rainbows), but even with only marking every second curve from the stencil, I could see that there was going to be way too much texture, which wasn't going to suit this design.
So after marking half of the top, I changed my mind and decided on a very simple grid instead.
The blocks are quilted diagonally with invisible nylon and the sashings with a colourful variegated thread. The binding is scrappy, made from left-over fabrics.
It looks pretty funky from the back!
Final approval from Ollie