I actually finished the top a little while ago, so it didn't take as long as I thought it might. Using Harriet's triangle piecing techniques I got decent results. Although I did lose a few points here and there, overall I'm happy with the process and the results.
A closer look.......
A BIT OF A CATCH UP
I thought I might display a bit of what I've been up to between blogs. Remember the Final I made at the end of Vol 2? I put it together during the Tassie bushfires and wanted to quilt it appropriately. Here is the finished quilt.....
Fade to Black
I adapted a leaf stencil to look like flames and quilted it in 2 different variegated threads. On the edge of the border I quilted 'smoke' using a variegated black/grey thread and a swirling pattern I did freehand.
The piecing was simply grid quilted.
Here's some pics of Non Harriet projects I've been working on............
Hip to be Square got quilted........
Mostly stitch in the ditch with a bit of stencil work.
Purple Rain is huge - fits a King size bed with quilt to spare!
Stitch in the ditch, free form on the braids and stencil work on the borders
I don't like the free form I did, I need to work on this style of quilting.
This one was for my Granddaughter's birthday.
There are 25 outfits to dress the dolly with.
Quilted with a variety of stencilled hearts
Milly playing with her "paper' doll quilt.
A quilt for DIL Sarah
Anni tests Sarah's quit for comfort.
I used blue pounce powder for the stencil work and was horrified when it didn't wash out.
It took several washes, an application of vinegar and a commercial stain remover to get rid of most of it. The white thread still has a grayish tinge to it but the off colour has now become part of the quilt's story.
I also have several appliques which are works in progress, one is even a hexagon which I'm doing by hand - this is definitely a long term project - lol
One of the appliques which is now a completed top and awaiting quilting.
Until next time.................Cheers!