My fabric calculations weren't spot on, but not too bad either. I cut the exact amount of inches I figured I needed, then added another 2 inches for truing etc. I will admit to having extra fabric put away, just in case I got it horribly wrong.
I did have to cut an extra strip of the blue from my 'spare' amount, just to cut an extra square or two - that's really frustrating!
The calico has more extra bits as I got a few of the cuts wrong, then I had to 'borrow' an extra couple of strips from the amount I'd put aside to make Block B. Sadly, I can't use up the scraps for the B Block, as the strips will be a different size.
The leftovers from cutting all the A Blocks.
I think that having to skill to calculate the fabric you need to make a quilt is invaluable, and it's really not that difficult to learn - even for someone like me, who has very basic maths skills. Although I got it a bit wrong, I'm happy with the result so far.